The Golden Optimists are part of the global service organization, Optimist International, an association of more than 2,900 Optimist Clubs around the world dedicated to “Bringing Out the Best in Kids.” Each Optimist Club determines the needs of the young people in its community and conducts programs to meet those needs. Every year, Optimists conduct 65,000 service projects and serve well over 6 million young people.
The Optimist Creed
Promise yourself –
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
The Golden Optimists are a chapter of Optimists International and serve the community in the spirit of this international organization. For more information on the Optimists International or the programs we are running locally, use the following link.